Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Gear: Nature in a Baby Carrier / A Papa Post


Hi Readers, I'm Dawn's husband and Rafael's father, Ramon. I want to tell you about my experience using a baby carrier, mainly the Baby Björn.



We live surrounded by forest, with dirt paths that aren't always suitable for a stroller or buggy. I wanted to stay active, and didn't want to limit myself to flat pavement. As long as Rafael couldn't walk, using a carrier made it possible to off-road it comfortably, which made a huge difference in our every-day lives.


We had three different baby carriers, but the only one that fit my frame comfortably was the Baby Björn. I was really glad we found one that was easy for me to put on and that wasn't awkward for my body shape and size like the others were. I went on hikes with Rafael in two other brands and it was awful. We were both uncomfortable for most of the time, so we couldn't really relax and have fun. Having the right gear was key to enjoying the time I spent out in the wild with my son.





I went on countless walks with Rafael in his Baby Björn and we made beautiful memories. I especially loved doing pull-ups with him as extra weight, or getting a good workout from hiking with him in his carrier on sunny days. Being active outdoors is something I love, and it's a good feeling to know that I've shared that with my boy from an early age on. If you share things with your kid that you are genuinely interested in, they'll feel that. And your enthusiasm will be contagious. So I'm sure the love I have for the nature we have here has rubbed off on him.



I definitely recommend both parents or partners trying on the baby carriers before buying them. Every body frame is different, and not every carrier will be comfortable on every shape. So unless only one of you will be carrying the baby, definitely try to find something that is comfortable for everyone!




COMING UP NEXT ON A CHILDHOOD IN NATURE: Sensory Play with Toddlers!




1 comment:

  1. Ack! A Daddy wearing a baby! Swoon worthy.
    I love all the pics of little Raffi with his Dad. How special.

    ReplyDelete